Family Events Calendar

Thursday, November 11, 2010

"It is just what I wanted!”

On December 24, 2008 we went to Nate and Leesa’s home for a family Christmas Eve party. We had a wonderful time and great food. We ate a Café Rio type of salad with shredded pork and some wonderful tortilla soup. We viewed a DVD with the Apostles testifying about Jesus Christ. Then we all sat around the living room to open white elephant gifts that we each brought. In turn we would pick out a present that was placed in the middle of the room or we could pick one from someone else that had already been opened. Five year old Jackson Ryan, the son of Dorothy and Matt, opened his present. It was a roll of toilet paper, a used mini Sharpie marker and couple of pencils and excitedly he exclaimed, “It is just what I wanted!” Everyone laughed and laughed and laughed. It was so funny. I still chuckle when I think about it. I have found out from Dorothy that the mini Sharpie marker is something she won’t let him have at home and the pencils are very similar to what his dad uses to frame with.

Written by Lindsay P. Jones

Dec. 27, 2008

No comments: