Family Events Calendar

Friday, May 9, 2008

The Couple of Cospers

I thought it would be fun if I added a little bit about our life. Right now I am going to summer school which has been going good so far (cross your fingers) that it stays that way. And Casey has been working hard at Melaleuca where he is on the services and support team. He answers calls about questions people have about Internet issues. I am also working. I am an assistant copy editor, and I do editing mostly for the school newspaper.
Next Sunday May 18th is our one year anniversary! I know you may be thinking (Wow! Time has flown by). Well you are right it has. I can't believe that we have already been married for a year.
Another good thing is that we got our car fixed. For the past several months our car has been somewhat broken. The problem is that it didn't want to turn off. So every time we wanted to turn off the car, Casey would open the hood and not only unhook the cord to the battery but also unplug two of the spark plugs to kill the battery. Yes this probably wasn't a very good thing to be doing, but if you don't have money to get it fixed you do the best that you can. Fortunately, we took it to the car fix it place the other day and now it turns off!
A little bit about school...as Laura mentioned in her comment, I am making a Web site for my Advanced Visual Media class. If you ever want to visit it the address is: www.teamcosper.com The self-portrait is the only thing that you can look at right now, but I will be adding to the Web site throughout the semester. Just so you all know, my major is communications and I really like my classes right now. I am learning about grammar, editing, writing, designing... right up my alley!
In Casey's spare time he has been doing a lot of reading and practicing the piano. He also is so great to clean, and do the laundry when I am not home.
Right now we are living in a basement apartment not far from the apartment complex that we first lived at. You might have heard the story about why we moved, but I will give you a short and condensed version for those that don't know. Well Aunt LaDean (Dad's aunt) and Uncle Ed told us about a lady in their ward who had cancer, but wanted a young married couple to move into her basement to be an extra security for her and to help her out with things. It just was going to be a good situation for us financially and such. So on April 11th we finished moving in. However, the next week didn't go so well, Helen got sick and had to go to the hospital. Then she came home and we did what we could, but it ended up being more than we could handle. It was a job for a trained nurse or something. Then by the consensus of family and ward members she went to a nursing/rehabilitation center here in Rexburg. They are hopefully going to move her to an assisted living center soon. We have gone to visit her a few times, and its funny cause she doesn't like it at the nursing center and tells us how she doesn't like the food. Anyways...since she has cancer and she is 82, they don't know how long she will live. One doctor said three weeks, and others say a few months. So we don't know what is going to happen, but we are just living in her basement for now. Quite the adventure if I do say so myself.
We want to come home at the end of May for Casey's brothers graduation. However, we don't know if that will work out with Casey's work schedule, but we will have to see what happens. After that we are coming home in June because my good friend Leda Wilkins is getting married. Hope to spend sometime with all of you when we do get to come visit.
Goodbye for now--from The Couple of Cospers :)

No comments: