Dad has been on my back about updating my post.
I don't work at the AF Jr High I think every knows now that I work at Kids on the Move. I'm an Early Head Start Child Care Teacher serving low income families and I totally love it. My Spanish is better than it has ever been--at least I know more vocabulary. I love the people I work with and Chad gets to come with me until February so that is all very fun.
Some of you know already that Jerome was sick with some kind of Flu over the holidays well then he got cellulitis, a type of staph infection, (I think I spelled that right). I actually think it was on Saturday night when I got home he was commenting on how his wrist was feeling sore. He still had a fever and chills and just not feeling good. Sunday his wrist was feeling worse, Monday his wrist was swelling up and it started swelling into his fingers and down his arm a little. Tuesday his arm was swollen to his elbow and we decided to go to the doctor. Well he got a big shot and big horse pills to take and set up an appointment to go in again on Wednesday around 2:30. The doctor also drew on Jerome and marked where the redness and swelling was so we could see the progress or lack thereof. Wednesday morning I was almost ready to go to work but decided to take a look at Jerome's arm and it was swollen half way up his upper arm and over his entire elbow and no kidding his left leg was swollen all around his ankle and up his calf. So we rescheduled the appointment got in to see the doctor at 11:00 and were admitted to the hostpital by 12:00. Jerome is resting tonight and will have to stay tomorrow night also. The type of infection he has is resistent to the antibiotics they gave him yesterday and today so they are going to try something new tonight and tomorrow and hopefully it will work a little better because it had grown another inch in his arm and even more in his leg while we were at the hospital. Totally bizarre and random and a crazy way to the end the year. Thanks for praying for us and I will post again when this is all over.
5 years in New Mexico
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment