Family Events Calendar

Monday, March 16, 2009

a monthly get together

oh so funny! Last night Leesa (smith) grandpapa and I were just talking about a monthly family get together. Here are my ideas if you want. And if you already have plans disregard this post.

What if we had a get together on a specific Sunday each month (like the first) and each family had an assignment. One family could be in charge of the treat, another family a 5 minute max lesson (thus keeping all the little ones engaged), another family over a tribute for the birthday peeps, another family over the music crazy (march around or do actions)or simple, another over the activity, and a family to host (if that is a problem you could always come here but No Cupcakes!!!) But the main thing would be what we call "FAMILY BUSINESS". To my children that means they get to share there latest trick or talent or upcoming event. (they love love love to stand on the coffee table in the center and share(and of course we all ho0t and holler at there greatness) /also it helps the rest of us focus on the person sharing) For me it is to share something that is happening or has happened to us. This is a great way to learn about each other, cheer for each other and ultimately look out for each other.
I love this idea because it is everyone involved!! The kids aren't just sent outside or downstairs to play but we are all building each other up. I have learned a lot about my sweet Ryan nieces and nephew as well as the Nate and Leesa Joneseeeeey boys and have realized how I miss out by not hanging with them they are soooooo cool. We plan to have all the families over one by one and can't wait.
So........... do what you want with the idea! and that is what it is just an idea.

4 comments:

Ryan Family said...

Sounds good to me.

Leesa Marie Jones said...

I love the idea! It would give us an excuse for coming down to see everyone, after all, it is only an hour away. I used to travel farther than that just to go to church every Sunday when I was a kid! Good Job Sarah!!

Laura said...

we were on the same wave length Sarah I love the idea.

Anonymous said...

Sarah that is a great idea! I am so excited to move down in less than a month, and we will be able to take part in the fun!