The quarts of peaches count is in and Leesa did 145 give or take a few depending on if you count the ones that broke or didn't seal. Mind you, that is just peaches! Leesa has also done a bunch of pears, plums, apricots, salsa, beans, and syrup of various types. She also has attended two Saturday classes given by a kitchen store in Ogden. One was all about grains and the other was all about beans. She is excited to start using the wonderful things she is learning....she just needs me to get a job so that she can buy the equipment (I guess she learned how to make hamburgers out of wheat using a meat grinder). I think we are going to be having a lot of sprouts in the near future as well. Leesa is always excited to share her knowledge so don't feel bashful. Well, neadless to say, we have a fruit fly problem and our kitchen floor has been very sticky all summer. Ironically, Leesa has been very greatful that I have been out of work this summer...so that I can watch the kids while she does all this canning. Leesa second job was putting together the ward recipe book which she would stay up late entering in the recipes to the computer. We thought we were done but my neighbor said he had some nectorines that might go to waste if nobody picks them...we can't let that happen! We will probably go over there tomorrow morning to do some more fruit picking. Who knows, we may have some apples to pick as well. Fruit comes out of nowhere when people know that you can it.
That is enough for now.
The Dan Jones Clan
1 comment:
145 jars! Now I really feel like I didnt help very much. Good luck Dan. And thanks for posting.
Post a Comment